For a large part of my life, I didn't fancy frittatas or similarly thick egg-type dishes. I thought they were perpetually rubbery, dry and blah. Then I realized I'd just had really bad representations of them.
I'm glad my feelings have changed for such foods, because an impromptu frittata can be just the perfect lunch (or brunch) on a sunny Friday like today.
I texted Eunice (I consider her one of my bfflz) asking her if she'd like some, and so we ate together. I enjoy spending time with good friends, even if it's simply to have a nosh and watch Paula Deen make pumpkin cake with a CUP of oil, or watch Giada with her boobs hangin' out. I've decided that I like impromptu lunch dates with friends just as much as I like impromptu frittatas :)
So... How do you all like your eggs? Let me know.
Veggie Frittata (without the oven)
- 2 medium sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-2 Roma tomatoes (or equivalent amt of another kind), diced
- corn (I used probably about a handful)
- parsley (some chopped for frittata itself and some for garnish if desired)
- 5 eggs, beaten (I used 4 for today's but one more would've been ideal)
- optional: parmesan or any other hard cheese, grated